Welcome to the Kumari’s website, kumaris.ca (the "Site"), which is owned and operated by Kumari’s Ltd. and its affiliates ("Kumari’s"). Except as otherwise noted herein, these terms and conditions ("the Terms") govern your use of the Site. Please read these Terms carefully, because your use of the Site constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you should not access or use the Site. Kumari’s reserves the right to make changes to the Site and to these Terms from time to time. When we make changes, we will post them here. For this reason, we encourage you to review these Terms whenever you use our Site because by visiting the Site, you agree to accept any such changes. Kumari’s provides you with access to and use of the Site subject to your compliance with the Terms. No material from the Site may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way, except as specifically permitted on the Site. The Site, including all of its information and contents, such as text, data, wallpaper, icons, characters, artwork, images, photographs, graphics, music, sound, messages, software and the HTML used to generate the pages (collectively, "Materials and Content"), is Kumari’s property or that of our suppliers or licensors and is protected by patent, trademark and/or copyright under Canada and/or foreign laws. Except as otherwise provided on the Site or in these Terms, you may not use, download, upload, print, copy, display, perform, reproduce, publish, modify, delete, add to, license, post, transmit, or distribute any Materials and Content from this Site in whole or in part, for any public or commercial purpose without the specific prior written permission of Kumari’s. We grant you a personal, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access the Site and to use the information and services contained here. We reserve the right, for any reason or for no reason, in our sole discretion and without notice to you, to revise the products and services described on the Site and to terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Site, including, but not limited to, the Materials and Content on the Site as well as features and/or hours of availability of the Site, and we will not be liable to you or to any third party for doing so. We may also impose rules for and limits on use of the Site or restrict your access to part, or all, of the Site without notice or penalty. We have the right to change these rules and/or limitations at any time, in our sole discretion.
Online Shopping Terms and Conditions
All orders and purchases made through the Site are subject to the following:You agree to pay for all charges noted herein as payable by you. All prices listed on this website are in Canadian dollars and all charges will be processed in Canadian dollars.Restrictions on who may purchase, what may be purchased and where items may be shipped
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase from the Site.
- Kumari’s reserves the right to limit the quantities, of items which you, your family or any group can purchase, to reject, correct, cancel or refuse orders, and to determine accounts in its discretion including, without limitation, if Kumari’s believes that customer conduct contravenes applicable law or is harmful to the interests of Kumari’s or its representatives, agents, contractors, suppliers or licensees.
- Kumari’s will use commercially reasonable efforts to deliver items as quickly as possible and within any time periods indicated; however, Kumari’s will not be responsible for any delays in delivery which are beyond its control. Where delivery is delayed, Kumari’s will notify you as soon as possible.
- If any item listed or shown for purchase through the website is no longer available in Kumari’s inventory, we will do our best to place a notice on the Site to alert consumers. Out of Stock non-replenishable products will be removed for purchase from the website within 7 days of the appearance of the warning message.
- In order to protect you and Kumari’s from fraudulent transactions, Kumari’s may provide your transaction-related information to a reputable third party organization to perform an address verification. This address verification is intended to ensure that the "bill to" address that you provide matches your credit card address. Kumari’s also reserves the right, at its discretion, not to ship items ordered or purchased on this Site to certain addresses. In the event that Kumari’s chooses not to ship an item, you will be notified by email and any amount charged to your credit card will be refunded.
Limits on Purchases: We do not authorize the purchase of our merchandise for resale purposes. To enforce this policy, we may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors. We also reserve the right to cease doing business with those customers violating this policy. We may modify this policy at any time without prior notice. This limits on purchases policy applies to all purchases made at our retail stores, through our catalogs and on https://kumaris.ca/. Product and pricing information: Although Kumari’s has made every effort to display our products and their colors as accurately as possible, the displayed colors of the products will depend upon the monitor of the user, and Kumari’s cannot guarantee that the user's monitor will accurately portray the actual colors of the products. Products displayed may be out-of-stock or discontinued, and prices are subject to change and/or confirmation. Kumari’s is not responsible for typographical errors regarding price or any other matter.
The Site may be used only for lawful purposes and is available only for your personal, noncommercial use, which shall be limited to viewing the Site, purchasing products, providing information to the Site, and downloading product information for your personal review. You are responsible for your own communications, including the transmission, posting, and uploading of information and are responsible for the consequences of such communications to the Site. Kumari’s specifically prohibits any use of the Site, and requires all users to agree not to use the Site, for any of the following:
- Posting any information which is incomplete, false, inaccurate or not your own
- Engaging in conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, giving rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any city, state, national or international law or regulation that would fail to comply with accepted Internet protocol
- Communicating, transmitting, or posting material that is copyrighted or otherwise owned by a third party unless you are the copyright owner or have the permission of the owner to post it
- Communicating, transmitting, or posting material that reveals trade secrets, unless you own them or have the permission of the owner
- Communicating, transmitting, or posting material that infringes on any other intellectual property, privacy or publicity right of another
- Communicating, transmitting, or transferring (by any means) information or software derived from the site to foreign countries or certain foreign nations in violation of Canadian export control laws
- Attempting to interfere in any way with the Site's or Kumaris’ networks or network security, or attempting to use the Site's service to gain unauthorized access to any other computer system
You further agree and warant that you:
- are at least 13 years old
- understand and accept that any information posted on third party websites, such as social networking sites, will be posted at your own risk, that such websites are independent from Kumari’s, and that you will not hold Kumari’s liable for any claims ensuing from posts on third party websites.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. Kumari’s will investigate occurrences and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting any user or users who are involved in such violations. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation, the following:
- Accessing data not intended for you or logging into a Kumari’s server or account, which you are not authorized to access
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization (or succeeding in such an attempt)
- Attempting to interfere or interfering with the operation of our Site, our provision of services to any other visitors to our Site, our hosting provider or our network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, "flooding", "mailbombing" or "crashing" the Site
- Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or transmission or posting to our Site
We control and operate the Site from Canada, and all information is processed within the Canada. We do not represent that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in connection with your use of the Site. It is possible that some software that may be downloaded from the Site is subject to government export control or other restrictions. By visiting and using our Site, you acknowledge these restrictions and agree that either you are not subject to them or you will comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from Canada.
As between you and Kumari’s, (or any other company whose marks appear on the Site), Kumari’s (or the respective company) is the owner and/or authorized user of any registered or unregistered trademark, trade name and/or service mark appearing on the Site, and is the copyright owner or licensee of the Materials and Content on the Site, unless otherwise indicated. The Kumari’s logos, designs, titles, phrases and product names and the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade dress and/or other intellectual property in such materials (collectively, "Kumari’s Intellectual Property") are owned by Kumari’s and may be registered in Canada and internationally. You agree not to display or use the Kumari’s Intellectual Property in any manner without Kumari’s’ prior permission. Nothing on the Site should be construed to grant any license or right to use any Kumari’s Intellectual Property without the prior written consent of Kumari’s.Except as otherwise provided herein, use of the Site does not grant you a license to any Materials and Content or features you may access on the Site and you may not modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works of such Materials and Content, features or materials, in whole or in part. Any commercial use of the Site is strictly prohibited, except as allowed herein or otherwise approved by us. You may not download or save a copy of any of the Materials and Content or screens for any purpose except as otherwise provided by Kumari’s. If you make use of the Site, other than as provided herein, in doing so you may violate copyright and other laws of Canada and/or other countries, as well as applicable provincial laws, and you may be subject to liability for such unauthorized use. The information on the Site including, without limitation, all site design, text, graphics, interfaces, and the selection and arrangements is protected by law including, but not limited to, copyright law.
Disclaimers and limitation of liability
Kumari’s publishes information on its Site as a convenience to its visitors. While Kumari’s attempts to provide accurate and timely information, there may be inadvertent technical or factual inaccuracies and typographical errors. We reserve the right to make corrections and changes to the Site at any time without notice. The Kumari’s products described in the Site may not be available in your region. Kumari’s does not claim that the information in the Site is appropriate to your jurisdiction or that the products described in its Site will be available for purchase in all jurisdictions. You assume all responsibility and risk with respect to your use of the Site, which is provided "AS IS." KUMARIS DISLCAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS AND ENDORSEMENTS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH REGARD TO INFORMATION ACCESSED FROM OR VIA THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL CONTENT AND MATERIALS, FUNCTIONS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON THE SITE, WHICH ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS, OR CONTENT OF INFORMATION, UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS, AND ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. KUMARIS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR ITS FUNCTION OR THE CONTENT AND MATERIALS OR THE SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THEREBY WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. KUMARIS MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL MEET USERS' EXPECTATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS. NO ADVICE, RESULTS OR INFORMATION, OR MATERIALS WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. Kumari’s makes no warranties of any kind regarding any non-Kumari’s sites to which you may be directed or hyperlinked from the Site. Hyperlinks are included solely for your convenience, and Kumari’s makes no representations or warranties with regard to the accuracy, availability, suitability or safety of information provided in such non-Kumari’s sites. Kumari’s does not endorse, warrant or guarantee any products or services offered or provided by or on behalf of third parties on the Site. IN NO EVENT SHALL KUMARIS, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR CONTENT OR SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT AND MATERIALS OR FUNCTIONALITY ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE, OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS, OR LOST BUSINESS, DATA OR SALES OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF DAMAGE, TANGIBLE OR INTANGIBLE IN NATURE, EVEN IF KUMARIS OR ITS REPRESENTATIVE OR SUCH INDIVIDUAL HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THIS LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Kumari’s, its directors, officers, employees, agents and affiliates harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, in any way arising from, related to or in connection with your use of the Site, your violation of the Terms or the posting or transmission of any materials on or through the Site by you, including, but not limited to, any third party claim that any information or materials you provide infringes any third party proprietary right.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Kumari’s and govern your use of the Site, and they supersede any prior agreements between you and Kumari’s. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that are applicable to certain parts of the Site. Kumari’s may terminate this Agreement and deny you access to the Site at any time, immediately and without notice, if in Kumari’s’ sole discretion you fail to comply with any provision of these Terms. At all times, Kumari’s shall have the sole discretion to take such action as it deems necessary to preclude a violation, and Kumari’s shall not be liable for any damages of any nature suffered by you or a third party resulting from Kumari’s’ exercise of its rights under the Terms.You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between Kumari’s and you as a result of this Agreement or your use of the Site.Any claim or cause of action you may have with respect to Kumari’s or the Site must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arose.The failure of Kumari’s to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The invalidity of any term, condition or provision in these Terms shall not affect the enforceability of those portions of the Terms deemed enforceable by applicable courts of law. These Terms shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario, Canada, without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions. Any dispute arising under these Terms shall be resolved exclusively by an appropriate federal or provincial court sitting in the province of Ontario, Canada.You may not assign the Terms or any of your rights or obligations under the Terms without Kumari’s’ express written consent. The Terms inure to the benefit of Kumari’s’ successors, assigns and licensees. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.To contact us with any questions or concerns in connection with these Terms or the Site, or to provide any notice under these Terms to us please refer to our Contact Us page.